Senior Software Engineer, Productivity Platform
- Tokyo, Japan
Square has grown into a platform of product services that help merchants run their business. From the inside, these product services are segmented into business units with their own product and engineering teams. Underneath, there’s a platform organization that supports this plethora of products.
Our team, Regulator Productivity Platform, is part of this larger platform organization. We work with product teams to ensure their internal operations needs are met and optimized by building tooling dedicated to operational workflows, such as Case Management, Search, and customizable views into Square’s internal data. We partner with the product teams to configure and leverage these features into cohesive tooling that meet their needs.
As one of the oldest code bases at Square, we are always evolving and refactoring, creating better patterns and adding new features to meet the demands of different requirements throughout all products. Your team will work on a unified configurable interface system to allow more rapid deployment of views as new data elements are introduced.
- Design, develop, and deploy incremental improvements to our front-end Ember platform.
- Work with the team to design and implement our new configuration UI system.
- Assist product engineers from other teams develop new data views using our platform
- Contribute to the monitoring, stability, and security of our existing services
- Communicate technical designs in writing and in person to all kinds of audiences
- Understand our partners needs and assist turning their requests into scalable features
- Working proficiency in the English language
- Experience working in large full-stack web applications (5+ years minimum)
- Experience developing front-end web applications in Ember, React, or Angular
You may have:
- Payments, Risk, Compliance, Operations or Workflow Management development experience
- Developed and iterated on enterprise products
- Experience working with remote teams
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources