iOS Engineer, Seller
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
We are taking a fresh look at this industry and building a modern product ecosystem that capitalizes on the themes of efficiency and automations– which are becoming the cornerstones of the new breed of hospitality tools. We’re addressing the needs of ou Seller customers in this dynamic landscape with iOS, Android, and Web-based software that integrates with our hardware, all backed by reliable services.
As a software engineer on the Seller team, you will help build products that clients use to run their businesses.
What you will learn and do
- You'll help create beautiful, unique products which allow anyone to run a business
- You’ll ship reliable software through integration, test automation, and in-depth code reviews
- You'll envision new products and features that are inspired, considered, and magical
- You'll work and collaboratively with experienced designers, product managers, and engineers; both on our team and with our friends on other teams.
- You’ll grow as an engineer, and as you do you’ll lift others around you.
What you bring to the team and to Square
- Natural curiosity and a desire to build beautiful intuitive products for our customers
- Develop reliable, elegant apps and products
- Eagerness to share your ideas, and openness to those of others
- Design apps with your teammates and with other teams and offices
- Experience developing iOS applications
- Experience shipping and improving products
Technologies we use and teach:
- Swift and Objective-C
- Core Data
- Service APIs and Protocol Buffers
- Hardware Integration
- Metrics, monitoring, and alerting with a variety of internal and external tools
- And much, much more. Square is a great place to learn all kinds of technology!
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.