Software Engineer (Backend), Business Banking
- San Francisco, CA
When our sellers make a sale, the Business Banking team helps them manage their business finances with products including Square Card, Instant Transfers, advanced reporting, and cash flow insights. With this suite of products, we ensure that our customers get access to the funds they need when they need them, and that they can always understand and control where their money is going. We partner with platform and infrastructure teams to move billions of dollars each year on behalf of our sellers.
You’ll build backend services, help power outstanding front-end experiences within our web-based and mobile products, and contribute to the future of banking.
We are a product-focused engineering team with a full-stack background. Our projects provide features across mobile and web frontends. We also talk directly to merchants about their needs and pain to identify opportunities to improve their experience. Our team enjoys working together to contribute to meaningful work seen by millions of merchants worldwide. As a member of the team, you’ll work with mobile, backend and frontend-focused engineers to bring high-value banking features to Square sellers.
- Help brainstorm solutions and build systems to solve customer problems.
- Create the payment product experience using Java and MySQL.
- Design, interpret and refine A/B tests.
- Operate and scale a growing product that is necessary to our sellers.
- Build reliable support for product data logging and metrics.
- Work with product, engineering, analytics, and marketing teams.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Programming skills
Nice to have:
- 5+ years of experience with Java or Ruby
- 5+ years of experience contributing to medium to large-scale feature releases
- Knowledge of payments or FinTech
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java, MySQL, Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, Go and more
- A/B test techniques and methodologies
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources