Engineering Manager, Capital Servicing
- San Francisco, CA
As the Engineering Manager for the Servicing Platform Team on Square Capital, you will build and empower the team that handles the services and infrastructure that power our credit products. You will operate on the critical path of all our products on Capital and beyond, and have a direct impact on the success of our credit products.
- Lead and empower an outstanding team of engineers by hiring remarkable talent and developing your team, promoting practical engineering decision-making, and leveraging your technical expertise to constantly improve
- Help set broad direction, influence engineering and business strategy, and establish practices to efficiently and effectively address customer needs
- Lead and participate in essential technical, design, and product discussions with leaders across our multiple product, data science, and analyst teams
- Oversee the success of your team's projects and deliver quantifiable results in a timely manner
- Learn and understand multiple complex financial instruments to model commonalities between them.
- Improve the reliability and accuracy of our financial products by building redundant and fault tolerant systems.
- Build systems that collect and maintain customers confidential data, while holding Square to the highest standards for security and compliance.
- Participate in ongoing training to maintain current knowledge of BSA/AML and perform BSA/AML duties as required by job function
- 6+ years professional experience building customer-facing large software projects
- 2+ year(s) managing engineering teams
- Excellent software engineering knowledge and the ability to provide technical mentorship and guidance
- Experience working with product managers, data analysts, and other engineering and cross-functional leaders
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.