Senior Android Software Engineer - Global, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 24 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
Cash App is a mobile first bank with over 24 million active customers. To open an account, all you need to do is download Cash App and sign up. The Cash engineering team is responsible for the code that makes this work. We care about infrastructure that makes it easy to write software that is secure, efficient, and tested. We build incrementally with small changes and we release to the Play Store every two weeks.
As a member of the Cash Android engineering team, you’ll work with us to:
- Oversee end-to-end features of the app: networking, persistence, business logic, and UI
- Use view models, presenters, and unidirectional data flow
- Unit test your stuff
- Invent thoughtful Android tech and open source it
- Work closely with iOS and backend developers
- Experience creating readable, well-crafted, maintainable code
- An eye for design or an ear for the customer; engineering makes substantive contributions to product definition
- A commitment to continuous improvement (yourself, your teammates, your software)
- Eagerness to share your ideas, and openness to those of others
Technologies we use and teach:
- Kotlin, including multiplatform
- SQLDelight, Retrofit, OkHttp, Wire, Moshi, Okio, Whorlwind, Picasso, KotlinPoet
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.