Software Engineer, Cloud Platform, Cash App
- New York, NY
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 24 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
Cash App is a mobile-first bank that ranks in the top 10 free apps in the app store with a growing user base and feature set. Our mission is to provide banking services to all, in particular those that are underserved. Cash is built as a service mesh, communicating through synchronous APIs and asynchronous events, built on AWS and Kubernetes. The Platform team oversees the essential fabric that these services run on, and provides service discovery, routing, self-healing, and observability features that product teams use to operate their systems on Cash’s platform.
As a member of Cash Platform’s engineering team, you’ll work with our partners - including product engineers - to:
- Develop infrastructure projects that provide essential support for operating microservices at scale
- Dig into the many parts of a large platform using tooling, and if necessary, to add some new ones
- Use a data-driven approach to make the call on any new infrastructure that might need to be added, whether it’s off-the-shelf or built in-house
- Knock down pieces of infrastructure and improve resiliency
- Work with bleeding edge cloud technology
- Natural curiosity and autonomy
- Desire to perform and grow as an engineer, and mentor other engineers
- A commitment to continuous improvement (yourself, your teammates, your software)
- Eagerness to share your ideas, and openness to those of others
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java, Kotlin, Go
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- gRPC, Envoy
- SignalFx, DataDog, Jaeger, Prometheus
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.