Senior Business Systems Analyst, People Tools
- Oakland, CA
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
As a HR Business Systems Analyst your goal will be to help Square grow by building and scaling our HR business systems, with a concentration on Workday and our ATS.
- Work on complex problems affecting the business, analyzing and evaluating current business methods and procedures for improvement
- Design new methods and procedures (both automated and manual) to improve the processing and flow of information within the company
- Work with end-users to establish requirements for new or improved systems
- Create detailed, up-to-date, functional and technical systems documentation for any and all customization and maintenance actions taken. Perform program unit tests based on sample data, stipulated functional test conditions and stipulated expected results; resolve any issues of functionality (i.e., debug program logic errors).
- To accomplish this, you will work with partners in our HR departments, Payroll and Finance. This will involve creating a road map and creating a project schedule, and delivery regular updates to team members.
- BS in Information Systems, Computer Science or other relevant degree
- Experience as a Business Analyst or Business Systems Analyst with increasing levels of responsibility
- In-depth experience with Workday
- Workday compensation, benefits and performance management experience is a plus
- Workday security, business process design and integrations experience
- Experience with the setup and architecture of Workday
- Positive customer-service-oriented attitude
- Previous roles in a high growth, tech environment desired
- Experience leading projects and interact at all levels
- Strong relationship building skills coupled with the ability to develop agreement
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources