Brand Experience Designer, Square Developer Platform
- Oakland, CA
*For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio*
We’re looking for someone to join the flourishing Developer Platform team which plays an important role in the future growth of Square. By joining this team you will help bring new developers to the Square platform, thereby adding to the ecosystem of apps and services Square sellers use every day to grow in the economy. These developers are responsible for the innovative edges of the Square experience and are expanding the definition of what Square offers to its customers. As a brand experience designer on this growing team you will have the opportunity and creative freedom to lead brand projects and initiatives that will establish how the Square platform can connect with developers and sellers in the years to come. This is a higher growth opportunity that will be leveraged as the influence of the platform and developer product space grows.
- Work on projects that explore how Square’s brand can connect with Developers uniquely, through all our developer properties and products.
- Lead and design creative campaigns that attract and engage developers to take the next step in using the Square Developer platform.
- Brainstorm new methods in which we can find and engage with our customers
- Work with our marketing team on engagement campaigns
- Develop creative assets for social channels and advertising campaigns
- Grow and evolve our email communications and drip campaigns
- Evolve all Square Developer marketing channels
- Work on creative artifacts needed to engage developers at events and conferences
Learn more about Design at Square.
- 8+ years of experience in traditional visual design principles and digital design principles
- The ability to visualize and develop brand assets and campaigns from initial concept to launch
- Proficiency with modern design tools (Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Experience leading work from ideation to completion
- Comfortability with an iterative design process that includes accepting and managing feedback and constructive criticism from many stakeholders
- Experience working with cross functional partners to rapidly and iteratively prototype interactive experiences
- Experience presenting and advocating for your work to a variety of audiences
- Illustration skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Front-end developer skills (HTML, CSS, or applicable programming languages)
- 3D modeling & rendering skills
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.