iOS Engineer, Restaurants
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
The Restaurants team at Square is reimagining the hospitality industry to empower today's restaurants with simple, elegant software and efficient workflows. We admire the people working in the highly-competitive food and drink business and we want to help them succeed.
We're looking for iOS engineers to join our growing team and establish our presence in Toronto! We collaborate seamlessly across locations, so you’ll be joining an awesome group of people distributed across New York, Atlanta, and now Toronto.
As an iOS engineer on the Restaurants team you'll be an owner of our flagship product, the Restaurants Point of Sale. You’ll build product features that make complex restaurant workflows simple and efficient, as well as iterate and maintain our app as we scale. You’ll collaborate with engineers across mobile platforms to promote ease of development between Android and iOS, and work in close partnership with our product manager and designers throughout the product lifecycle.
What you will learn and do:
- You’ll build and maintain an app that empowers thousands of people to run their business in the fast-paced, competitive food and drink industry
- You'll work collaboratively with designers, product managers, and other engineers
- You'll ship reliable software through continuous integration, test automation, and in-depth code reviews
- You'll find simple, elegant solutions to hard problems
- You'll grow as an engineer, and as you do you'll lift others around you
What you bring to the team and to Square:
- Motivation to build beautiful, intuitive products for the food and drink hospitality industry
- Continuous curiosity, and a desire to learn and teach
- Empathy for your customers and colleagues
- Eagerness to share your own ideas, and openness to those of others
- Experience developing and shipping iOS applications
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.