Android Engineer, Payment Acceptance
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Come join one of the many teams within Seller at Square – we build the products that our millions of sellers use every day to run and grow their businesses. Each team included below has unique and interesting opportunities – there’s almost certainly something for you!
Within Square’s Seller team, we value (and practice) deep collaboration between teams and disciplines. You’ll be working with engineers across the organization to design and implement solutions to problems with direct impact on our customers. You’ll be working regularly with product managers and designers to make sure we’re shipping the right things to our sellers and iterating based on their feedback.
- Payments Acceptance Mobile
- Payment Acceptance Mobile builds SDKs for developers that build applications which take payments via Square – either talking to Square hardware via our Reader SDK, storing a card in buyer facing applications via our In-App Payments SDK, or using Square Point of Sale via our app-switch API. We work closely with both the Checkout Flow team, the Connected Device Experience team, and the Mobile Security team to create, package, and document the code that Square uses in our applications into ergonomic and simple SDKs that handle the complexities of taking card payments.
- As part of the Payment Acceptance Mobile team, you'll be building SDKs that not only serve Square's products, but also independent and professionally developed applications that Square wouldn't build. You'll bring the same product quality focus from Square products to building developer tools and libraries that allow our customers to never miss a sale.
You’ll need to…
- Be proficient in Java and/or Kotlin for development (we use both).
- Enjoy working on mobile apps at all levels – from networking up to user interfaces and whatever’s in between.
- Build high availability and highly resilient systems which can accept and report payments no matter the network or device conditions.
- Collaborate with iOS, Android, and Server engineers to ship features.
- Work with product managers and designers to refine and define product scope and design.
- Respond to customer feedback to improve our products.
Leveling & Promotions
Square has a robust program in place to ensure that as an engineer you’re always learning, growing, and increasing your impact within the company – regardless of if you’re a new college graduate, or a senior engineer with 10+ years of experience. If you want to learn more, check out this post on our engineering blog.
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources