Product Marketing Manager, Business Banking
- San Francisco, CA
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
The Product Marketing Manager ensures that the right customers are getting the right message, through the right channels at the right time.
We are looking for a creative and results-oriented individual to join Square’s Business Banking team as a Product Marketing Manager focused on Square Card, a business debit card. We are building new tools to help small businesses manage their cash flow and we are looking for someone who is keen on building and bringing new products and features to market globally. The ideal candidate will have a passion for understanding our sellers and representing their voice in product discussions, exceptional understanding of product strategy and positioning, and a track record of cross-functional coordination to scale products. They should also possess exceptional analytical and communication skills.
- Partner with product management, design and engineering to define the strategy, roadmap and success metrics for related products and experiences, ensuring product market fit and long-term lifecycle management
- Be the trusted voice of sellers by surfacing qualitative and quantitative insights to shape the product direction and marketing messaging
- Define the ideal customer profile and identify target customers, their needs, and how products will meet those needs
- Evolve the product positioning and messaging hierarchy as functionality changes
- Collaborate with all financial services product teams at Square to identify opportunities to drive ecosystem value through cross-selling and product integrations
- Review fintech and neo-bank competitive offerings and drive ongoing differentiation
- Conceive of acquisition and lifecycle marketing campaigns, as well as identify goals and key performance indicators for programs
- Lead growth experimentation ideation and execution of campaigns that drive growth for Square Card, partnering closely with product, engineering, data, design, legal, creative, copy, channel managers, and marketing operations
- Manage the relationship with internal and external creative teams and drive the creative development process for marketing materials, developing clear, compelling, and differentiated marketing collateral across channels
- Generate data-driven hypotheses for optimizing and improving marketing performance, design and execute A/B tests, and apply knowledge of basic statistics (e.g. sample size, significance) to separate signal from noise
- A BA/BS degree required. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of business strategy and marketing experience with 3+ years in a product marketing role defining and executing the go-to-market strategy
- Experience working closely with product management, engineering, analytics, design, and creative to scale products
- Experience with deriving seller insights through quantitative and qualitative methods
- Experience developing strategic direction and executing go-to-market plans
- Experience communicating to senior leadership and influencing a cross-functional team
- Experience marketing to small businesses
- Experience working with creative teams and marketing channel specialists
- Experience with marketing automation platforms (Iterable, Marketo, Hubspot, or related), testing platforms (Optimizely, Visual Website Optimizer, Bounce Exchange, etc.), and analytics tools (Looker, Amplitude, Google Analytics, Adobe Site Catalyst, etc.) a plus
- Strong quantitative analytical ability and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfort in a face-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment
- Genuine interest in and curiosity about Payments and Fintech
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.