Software Engineer - Money Platform, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 24 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
As a member of the Money Platform engineering team, you will be focused scaling complex and meaningful problems. All money coming in and out of the Cash platform will go through your services and with things like the Cash Card, one of the fastest growing card programs in the US, you will of architecting and maintaining services to serve our 24 million + monthly active users.
- Build the primary services behind the Cash Banking Ledger
- Have a core focus on scale, so we not only handle today’s customers but the customers of tomorrow and beyond!
- Have a broad range of knowledge and be willing to work on anything from the application code, the infrastructure or the database clusters.
- Write solutions that reduce operational costs through automation, handling edge cases in large datasets and complex eventual consistency across distributed systems
- Participate in all parts of the delivery process from ideation, prioritization, productionization and beyond
- Natural curiosity
- Desire to find flaws in a system with many moving parts and take whatever steps are necessary to fix them
- Desire to perform and grow as an engineer
- Technical initiative and leadership on previous projects
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java, Kotlin
- DataDog, Prometheus, SignalFx
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, and Protocol Buffers
- OkHttp, Jetty, JUnit, and Guice
- Hibernate, MySQL
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.