Senior Product Designer, Payments Platform
- San Francisco, CA
- Alternate Location: Oakland, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
We are looking for a senior Product Designer for the Square Payments Platform.
The Payments Platform is an open, global financial services platform for developers who serve sellers. Think of it as a bunch of legos that can be assembled into spaceships, castles, and other cool things. The individual pieces are not the same, but they are generic—they don’t dictate what can be built by composing them. The Payment Platform provides the necessary components to manage identity, process payments across multiple channels, hold and transfer funds, and provide accounting, reconciliation, and reporting in a secure and compliant way.
As a senior Product Designer on the Payment Acceptance team, You will drive design execution for the APIs and SDKs that allow developers to build payments experience in-person, in-app and online. You will also design our new Terminal API product, which lets developers integrate Square in-person payments in custom point-of-sale apps. Teams within Square and developers outside our company use these products to create remarkable products for small- and medium-sized businesses and the people behind them.
*For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio*
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- A portfolio that shows work you were directly responsible for designing
- Experience as a primary contributor to multiple high impact projects
- Imagination, customer empathy, and the courage to take principled risks and think about problems differently
- You proactively formulate ideas and present them to your cross-functional team to determine strategy and roadmaps
- You question and partner with your leadership team to bring conversations forward
- You effectively present work in a clear and in a manner appropriate to the audience
- You can guide the vision for the product and achieve it through design explorations, documentation, and presentations to bring the team along
- You know when to bypass minor UX testing and lean on your expertise, but also when to propose initiatives to fill in the gaps
- You can take on complicated projects and seek the information you need to move forward
Learn more about Design at Square.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources