Senior iOS Engineer, Growth
- San Francisco, CA
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
- Position open to remote: No
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Square Point of Sale - https://squareup.com/us/en/software/point-of-sale
The Square Point of Sale team owns Square’s flagship product. When you go into a coffee shop and sign with your finger on an iPad or Square Register, you’re using Square Point of Sale. We have the privilege of building tools that help millions of sellers do their job every day.
The Point of Sale team team focuses on building features that work for sellers of all sizes and business types – from the plumber down the street, to your local flower shop, to the multi-store coffee shop with 10s or even 100s of employees. The hardware that Point of Sale runs on is designed to match this diversity – our features work on everything from an iPhone up to our own Square Register hardware, and everything in between.
As an engineer on the Point of Sale team you’ll be working closely with Squares from many disciplines on a regular basis: Your product manager to help define the team roadmap and features, your designer to get every pixel and interaction just right, to engineers outside of your team and org to help them ship their features, or to finish shipping yours.
- Square Point of Sale – Expansion
- The Square Point of Sale Expansion team helps sellers get going on Square's flagship product. We work to make sellers get up and running on Point of Sale so they can focus on serving their customers.
- As part of the team, you will build features to help us understand each seller’s needs and teach the seller how to use their Point of Sale, run experiments to make the new user experience more seamless and intuitive, and to bring Square Point of Sale to new markets.
You’ll need to…
- Be proficient in Swift and/or Objective-C for development (we use both).
- Enjoy working on mobile apps at all levels – from networking up to user interfaces and whatever’s in between.
- Build high availability and highly resilient systems which can accept and accurately report payments no matter the network or device conditions.
- Collaborate with iOS, Android, and Server engineers to ship features.
- Work closely with product managers and designers to iterate on and define product scope and design.
- Respond to customer feedback to continuously improve our products.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources