Product Analyst, App Platform
- San Francisco, CA
Product analysts at Square are embedded within product and platform teams and use engineering, analytics, and machine learning to empower data-driven decision-making in the full life cycle of product development. As a product analyst, you will use data to understand our customers and help us build remarkable products.
The App Platform team manages Square’s mobile platform, with a mission to make it quick and easy to build reliable and delightful mobile apps. The team owns shared mobile API’s, app performance metrics, delivery and integration testing systems, and fundamental frameworks that are the building blocks of our mobile apps such as Workflow. We work closely with every team at Square that builds mobile products.
As a product analyst on the App Platform team, you will:
- Manage all data analysis for the entire mobile platform team. Mobile-at-scale is a largely unsolved problem in the industry, and there is an opportunity to create new solutions.
- Implement metrics, dashboards, reports, and deep-dive analysis to measure how well we are meeting the needs of our partner teams and inform where we should invest to improve mobile software development.
- Partner with product managers to analyze and make decisions based on data from our build systems, mobile app event logs, internal developer surveys, and more.
- Build ETL pipelines to ingest and transform several mobile software analytics from our apps and build tooling.
- Build self-service analytics tools and dashboards for our partner teams.
- 3+ years of analytics experience, or equivalent
- Fluency with data, analytics, and visualization technologies (We primarily use SQL, Looker, and Python)
- Familiarity with fundamental software engineering tools such as version control software (we use Git) and build systems
- Experience using, and building, ETL pipelines to process large amounts of data
- Experience managing analytics projects in collaboration with multiple product and engineering managers as an analytics partner
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources