Product Manager, Terminal
- San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a tactical and strategic Product Manager for Square Payments, the core product and foundation for all other products at Square. As a Product Manager for this team, you will guide impact for the millions of businesses using our platform to take payments for their business.
This position will require strategic thinking and methodical execution. You will be responsible for defining the product strategy, coordinating and executing projects, and optimizing our customers' experiences. Our approach at Square is both customer-focused and data-driven. So you will need to dig in to deeply understand our customers and their needs, define and analyze data, and guide our world-class team to move fast and ship remarkable solutions.
In this role, you will also collaborate closely with designers, engineers, analysts, marketers, and other cross-functional team members within the organization to ensure that our product reaches customers and provides a remarkable, delightful experience. If you’re looking to own the flagship product and foundational payment experience at Square, you will find this role compelling, challenging, and rewarding.
- Own the user experience for our core payments functionality
- Deeply understand the jobs-to-be-done of our sellers through qualitative and quantitative research, and champion their needs within Square
- Drive the product roadmap and execute the delivery timelines for the work required to provide remarkable experiences for our sellers and grow the business
- Influence key stakeholders throughout Square in order to align intent, resources, and prioritization
- Operate cross-functionally and build strong partnership across the company in delivering excellent products and services
- Foster an environment that enables the team to execute quickly while maintaining a high standard for quality
- Manage the entire product life cycle from ideation, to planning, execution and launch
Square’s mission is economic empowerment, and millions of merchants use us for their businesses every day. The Square Payments team supports this vision by empathizing and understanding our customers’ core payments needs, thereby enabling us to build remarkable product experiences.
- 4+ years of experience in product management, ideally with a large, complex product serving millions of customers, on multiple platforms and countries
- A collaborative approach: Track record of delivering results with cross-functional teams
- Customer-centric: Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- Strategic: Experience developing and driving key strategies that shaped an organization
- Entrepreneurial spirit: You're a self-starter with flexible skills
- Results: Proven track record of shipping simple, elegant user-facing products
- Efficiency: Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Analytical skills: You have a data-driven learning style and use quantitative intuition to make product decisions
- Hustle: You thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment (bonus points if you’ve worked at a rapidly growing startup, especially in FinTech)
- Excitement: You’re passionate about Square’s mission and new technology
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources