Director - Corporate FP&A
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Position open to remote: Yes
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
We started with a simple idea - that everyone should be able to accept credit cards - and we’ve been rethinking buying and selling ever since. For sellers, we’re creating one cohesive service to run your entire business, from a register in your pocket to analytics on your laptop. For buyers, we’re making it faster to order from the businesses you love and more fun to pay your friends back. Buying and selling sound like simple things - and they should be. Somewhere along the way, they got complicated. We’re working hard to make commerce easy for everyone.
This position can sit in any Square's office locations and is eligible for full-time work from home/remote.
Corporate FP&A is an important function for Square, sitting at the center of the broader finance team to help the CFO, Square’s leadership and Square’s board gain financial visibility and insights on the business. This team runs Square’s financial processes, including our Annual Planning process and quarter forecasts, and helps architect the information flow and methodologies we need for dynamic business partnership. Corporate FP&A sets the parameters and forecast processes for the finance team, partners closely with the Investor Relations team to set guidance and help tell our story through numbers, and partners with other key operational teams on the moving pieces that impact our financial outlook (tax, accounting, treasury, facilities). You will work with partners across finance and the leadership team.
- Manage key financial processes, including forecasting, budget planning, performance reporting, and others.
- Architect financial commentaries and documents to support key financial deliverables.
- Develop new processes or improve existing processes relating to financial planning/reporting.
- Develop metrics to track team-specific and company-wide trends, identify opportunities, provide recommendations, and collaborate across all levels.
- Support ad hoc projects and help define systems improvements to support Square’s growth.
- Apply an analytical approach to influence strategic decision-making, with a focus on capital allocation decisions and long-term financial planning.
- Provide financial analysis and commentary to important partners including Square’s board, management team and Investor Relations team.
- Manage and continue to grow a team.
- Understand how to operate in and improve upon Square's financial systems.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant field
- 8-12 years of relevant finance experience, including experience in finance & strategy in a corporate environment
- Experience leading and developing a team
- Experience leading complex workstreams
- Excellent proficiency in accounting and corporate finance concepts
- Familiarity with financial planning processes and business systems such as Hyperion
- Consistent success and career progression
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.