Senior Security Software Engineer, Identity and Access Management
- San Francisco, CA, USA
At Square, our merchants' trust is everything. Keeping their money and data secure is required to earn that trust. The Identity and Access Management (IAM) team is part of Information Security (InfoSec); we write software that mediates access to internal services. As a team, we value correctness, safety, and efficiency. We're looking for a Security Software Engineer who shares our values.
As a Security Software Engineer on IAM, you will oversee the building and management of the services and infrastructure that control access to internal services at Square. We believe in the zero-trust security model; the IAM team grows Square's internal BeyondCorp solution. The services you build will protect Square’s most valuable assets and provide a great user experience to authorized Square employees around the world. You will report to our Infrastructure Security & IAM Manager.
- Develop authentication and authorization services for Square.
- Build great user experiences for internal web applications.
- Work with many teams in multiple locations to provide a secure production environment.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for IAM services.
- 5+ years of professional programming experience.
- Oncall experience and other operational experience with software at scale.
- Experience working with security/infosec and an interest in growing your security skills.
- Full-stack experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Familiarity with Beyond Corp concepts and implementations.
- Linux/ Unix Security
- Ruby, Rails, and RSpec
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources