Senior Site Reliability Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Corporate Site Reliability Engineers at Square are hybrid systems and automation engineers important to building and operating our internal business applications and the underlying hybrid cloud corporate infrastructure. You will build systems with an eye towards improving security and performance. We’re looking for engineers who want to be a part of maintaining and scaling this infrastructure through software tooling and automation.
- Build tools and automation that enhance Square employees’ productivity
- Build scalable infrastructure to manage corp systems (both on-prem and AWS) and applications.
- Minimize risk of reliability related failure outcomes to affect durability, availability, and performance.
- Improve projects and handle security incidents with efficiency
- Collaborate across multiple teams include Client Platform Engineering, Corp Systems Engineering, IT Support, Production Platform Engineering, and Information Security.
- Build automation tools to detect and prevent security threats.
- Build automation to help with capacity planning for our hybrid cloud infrastructure (on-prem and Corp AWS infrastructure)
- Perform periodic on-call duty to handle security, availability, and efficiency of Square corporate services.
- BS or higher in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience.
- 6+ years of industry experience developing and troubleshooting large-scale infrastructure
- 4+ years of experience in any of following languages: Python, Ruby
- System/network debugging skills.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, network, and application-level security.
- Experience with management/automation tools such as Puppet/Chef/SALT.
- Experience with setting up production-level monitoring and telemetry
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources