Senior Software Engineer (Fullstack), Business Systems Engineering
- Toronto, Canada
As a Senior Software Engineer within the Business Systems Engineering team, your goal will be to develop innovative solutions to solve problems for our business teams.
- Work on internal facing applications that fulfill niche functional requirements - primarily for the Finance team.
- Take ownership over the technical direction of our team’s web applications and work on all parts of the stack
- Work closely with internal teams to understand user needs and contribute in delivering solutions to solve complex business problems.
- Split your time between working on the frontend and backend APIs and services and help shape their direction.
- Create and maintain technical systems documentation and write concise, well-organized code and sensible tests
- 5+ years of software engineering experience developing scalable production software incorporating testing, evaluation, and monitoring..
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with MySQL and Snowflake.
- Experience in UI frameworks like React, Ember, Angular etc.
- Experience building and deploying applications in an Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem.
Technologies We Use
- Ruby, Rails
- Snowflake,, MySQL, BigQuery
- AWS, GCP
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources