Product Manager, Shared Services
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As Square is expanding to meet the needs of a broader seller base, Square's developer platform is core to our strategy. As we continue to launch APIs and functionality on our Developer Platform, there are a set of Platform services we must identify and build to help every platform team move faster. This hugely impactful and visible role requires a senior leader who can build and help drive the long-term strategy for the space.
In this role you are responsible for the strategy, priorities, roadmap and delivery of these Platform Services. You will be responsible for tackling some of the most difficult and technical challenges in our platform. You will work closely with our most senior leaders in both engineering and product to define the investment strategy for this area. The key measure of success is accelerating the delivery of APIs and experience that enable Developers to build new experiences on Square's platform. This is a new, critical role that will enable us to scale the services and APIs we launch in the future.
If you're looking to impact the growth and direction of a company, you will find this role compelling, challenging, and rewarding.
- Build and drive the strategy for the shared services for Square's Developer Platform.
- Work closely with our engineering managers to drive delivery of this work.
- Work with our senior product and engineering leaders across many teams (Payments, Catalog, Customers, Orders and many more) to identify the biggest opportunities for us to help external developers while accelerating internal teams ability to deliver this functionality.
- Develop innovative and industry leading products that uniquely serve Square’s customers.
- Inspire your cross-functional peers in order to build a strong partnership in delivering excellent products and services.
- Influence key stakeholders throughout Square in order to align resources and prioritization.
- Experience shaping and driving key strategies that have shaped the investment portfolio of an company or organization
- Experience building developer products and ecosystems.
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- Navigated product scale challenges in a high growth environment
- Deeply technical experience where you have worked with the most senior engineers to build solutions
- Developed industry leading products that have gained a strong followership and product loyalty
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources