iOS Software Engineer - Banking, Cash App
- New York, NY
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 24 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
As part of the iOS engineering team for Cash, you’ll develop new customer-facing features and enhancing our existing ones to scale. We’re developing industry-leading design systems and open source tools, all while adding exciting new functionality to our ecosystem. Currently, we’re focusing on the Cash Card (and Boost rewards), improved banking functionality, international expansion, extending our investing/Bitcoin features in exciting new directions, and making stock investing more accessible to all.
- Oversee end-to-end features of the app: networking, persistence, business logic, and UI
- Craft durable, well-tested code with an unwavering commitment to product quality
- Invent thoughtful iOS tech and open source it
- Re-architect legacy code and prep it to scale for the future of the product and the team
- Work with Android and backend developers
- Have an meaningful impact on the future of the Cash product
- Experience creating readable, well-crafted, maintainable code
- An eye for design and an ear for the customer; engineering makes substantive contributions to product definition
- A commitment to continuous improvement (yourself, your teammates, your software)
- Eagerness to share your ideas, and openness to those of others
Technologies we use and teach:
- Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin (believe it! — we collaborate directly with our friends on Android)
- UIKit, CoreAnimation, SQLite
- Unit tests, snapshot tests, integration tests
- Protocol buffers
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.