BI / Data Developer, Business Systems Engineering
- Toronto, Canada
As a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer you will work with business analysts, engineers and leads to build, curate, document, and manage key datasets.
- Implement business intelligence and advanced analytics solutions to achieve data analysis, data reconciliation and reporting.
- Recommend and implement data models, data architecture, business intelligence and data governance processes.
- Coordinate with the partners to identify new data requirements, analysis strategies and reporting solutions.
- Use analytical tools like SQL for performance tuning and identifying bottlenecks
- Standardize and enshrine business and product metric definitions in the data warehouse.
- Promote data, analytics, and data model design best practices.
- Create detailed, up-to-date, functional and technical systems documentation for all customization and maintenance actions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience building data visualizations with Looker or similar visualization platforms.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools and Data Modeling
- Should have Data Modeling experience to provide both logical model and physical design for analytical systems.
- Solid knowledge of advanced visualization techniques (dashboards)
- Proficient in Snowflake, BigQuery and MySQL.
- Experience building complex data models for a variety of different business use cases.
- Technical initiative and a desire to perform and grow.
Technologies We Use
- Snowflake, MySQL, BigQuery, Looker
- AWS, GCP
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources