Product Manager, Commerce Platform - Auth
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
The Auth team manages the platform that powers session management at Square. The team is also responsible for Login product space, including 2-Factor Authentication and OTP experiences on Square’s mobile and web point of sale solutions and commerce. As a Senior Product Manager on the Auth team, you will guide product initiatives from creation through execution. You will work with designers, engineers, product analysts, and other partners across Square to ensure that our Auth platform powers 1st party and 3rd party commerce solutions that sellers need to start and grow their business.
You will oversee the full stack of features (including APIs and SDKs) and infrastructure needed to provide remarkable omnichannel authentication experiences across our web (Square Online Store, Web Point of Sale) and mobile (Square Point of Sale, Square for Retail, Square for Restaurants, Square for Appointments, etc.) solutions. You will champion the voice of our sellers and developers to achieve a set of platform capabilities that is not just reliable, scalable, and secure, but is a competitive advantage for Square. This is a highly visible role that provides an opportunity to manage an essential piece of Square’s omnichannel commerce ecosystem.
- Use feedback from sellers and developers across multiple markets to improve the Auth platform to meet our needs across the entire Square ecosystem.
- Work with engineering, developer partnership teams to manage our external APIs and SDKs.
- Work with engineering, design, and QA to foster team dynamics
- Lead the planning, scoping, and prioritization of projects to achieve short and long term goals. You will outline entire roadmaps and project requirements, goals, and constraints.
- Represent the team with partners and senior company leaders to align resources and prioritization.
- Promote the creation of platform capabilities that are delightful, scalable and remarkable
- Determine features, write product and technical specs, organize user studies, improve feedback, help write test plans, manage the backlog, and ship in a timely manner
- Experience shipping and iterating on successful products with teams
- Product management experience building full-stack products - including experience working on products with developer facing interfaces (i.e. APIs and SDKs); prior experience in the ecommerce/retail/payments industry is a plus/highly desirable.
- Demonstrated leadership, the ability to improve product strategy and work well with senior engineers and designers.
- An analytical inspired work style that uses data to make informed decisions..
- 5+ years of product management experience or equivalent; prior experience as an engineer or solutions architect is a plus/highly desirable
- Passion for Square’s mission, with new technology and for solving complex problems.
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.