Android Engineer, Orders
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
The Orders team is focused on evolving Square’s Order Management System which powers our Point of Sale products and is also made available to third-party developers through our Connect APIs. Our available service is involved in the complete order lifecycle: placement, payment, fulfillment and analytics.
As an Android engineer on the Orders Mobile team, you will help design, build, and maintain Square’s Order Management System on our Point of Sale app. You will be involved in the technical details of integrating Square’s Point of Sale product with ordering solutions, such as Buy Online Pickup In Store, while also working on externally-facing tools to help third-party Android developers integrate with Orders.
Working on Android at Square is a unique opportunity in the mobile industry – you’ll get to work in one of the largest most established mobile ecosystems in existence – learning a lot from our large team of Android engineers in the process.
You’ll need to…
- Have at least 3+ years of experience working in the Android ecosystem.
- Be proficient in Java or Kotlin for development.
- Enjoy working on mobile apps at all levels – from networking up to user interfaces and everything in between.
- Build high availability and resilient systems which can accept and report orders no matter the network or device conditions.
- Work with iOS, Android, and Server engineers to ship features.
- Work with product managers and designers to refine and determine product scope.
- Respond to customer feedback to improve our products.
Technologies we use:
RxJava, SQLDelight, Dagger, Retrofit, OkHttp, Wire
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.