Product Manager, Operations Scaling
- St. Louis, MO, USA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Sustainably scaling our operations is key to Square's strategy for expansion. Our teams encounter complex problems and need the best information possible to provide excellent experiences to our sellers and customers. You will guide operational product experiments and projects from launch through execution. You will collaborate closely with operations leadership, engineering teams, and other diverse team members to help Square scale. To accomplish this you will focus on outcomes that lead to efficient scaling of operations by developing new products in the forms of tools and services. Doing this successfully requires understanding the complex problems operations teams face, analyzing data and both proposing and building new products. If you're looking to make a very human impact in addition to allowing the growth of a company, this is the role for you!
- Make a substantial difference on core metrics by finding the gaps yet undiscovered using your deep analytical and technical skills.
- Hypothesize, measure, and learn. Continuously test and use insights to inform decisions
- Oversee your own success metrics including measurement, tracking of outcomes and establishing key metrics.
- Work with engineers and product teams to build new experiences and experiment with early adopters
- Communicate progress on initiatives to stakeholders
- Represent the team with partners and senior company leaders
- 5+ years of product management experience or equivalent
- Deep understanding and empathy for our customers
- Passion for our purpose of economic employment and innovation on behalf of our sellers and our teams
- Ability to think strategically and develop a long-term view of where our Operations teams should be headed
- Expertise in agile delivery, comfortable in a team-captain role
- Great communications and relationship-building skills that shine when you’re talking with diverse team members or engaging with a team
- A technical background and passion for new technology
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.