CA Marketing Analyst
- Toronto, Canada
Square is looking for a Marketing Analyst to join our Toronto team. You will provide data-driven, quantitative analysis across marketing, and building and running regular and ad hoc analysis reports. Reporting to the Head of Marketing for Canada, and maintaining excellent collaboration with the US Analytics team and international counterparts, you will have strong quantitative analytics experience of how to turn analysis into insights and business actions using strong communication skills.
- Develop all business reporting, analysis and metrics across marketing in Canada, including in-depth analytics of important metrics such as LTV, Return on investment, CPA, sales and revenue projections.
- Identify appropriate metrics and design the right analyses to spot opportunities of new seller acquisition; automate for partners across marketing, product and business categories.
- Identify gaps and opportunities, collaborating within the marketing team and organization-wide to come up with strategies to improve existing campaigns and create new plans.
- Lead business analysis and case writing, such as:
- Market/sub-market overviews and opportunities
- Marketing cohort analysis
- Customer segmentation and cohort analysis
- Financial modelling
- Summarize data into insights and clear recommendations.
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and strategies.
- Analyse all performance marketing data to help the team provide recommendations on optimization tactics (cross-channel, cross-product) and product launch plans.
- Analyse brand and awareness campaigns and their results/impact across all appropriate offline and digital paid, owned and earned channels.
- Partner with Finance and Strategy to help provide market insights and strategy.
- Work with Global Marketing and Finance teams to develop quarterly and annual marketing forecasts.
- Research industry landscape to help promote and improve essential projects and provide insight to the Square marketing team.
- Develop market segmentation and competitive insights reporting process to provide market insights and strategy to wider Canadian and global teams.
- Manage ad hoc analytics projects
- Specific tasks include:
- Quarterly and monthly reporting Contributions to monthly Marketing Performance
- Review Contributions to Quarterly Marketing Review
- Marketing Return on investment analysis by product and by channel
- Annual planning - Acquisition and revenue forecasting
- Create looker dashboards
- Partner with US and International marketing analytics teams
- NPS & Brand Health/Funnel Metrics deployment and analysis
- A/B or multivariate testing
- Identify new marketing opportunities
- 4+ years of work experience in an analytical role, in marketing across both B2B and B2C business models
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field such as mathematics, economics and statistics or equivalent practical experience
- Advanced mathematical / statistical analysis skills
- Analytical capabilities and hands-on experience with data (e.g. Relational databases, BI tools)
- An fundamental understanding of marketing attribution and incrementality
- Advanced SQL skills mandatory, including an ability to write queries from scratch
- Experience finding and analysing data to create insights
- Experience developing forecasts Excellent ability to turn analysis into impactful insights and presentations
- Excellent soft skills
- Growth-mindset to go above and beyond the task at hand
- Succeed in an ambiguous, startup atmosphere
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources