Software Engineer (Front-End), Dashboard Team
- San Francisco, CA
Square’s Dashboard team works across team boundaries to improve our eponymous flagship merchant-facing web application that provides exceptional business tooling and functionality. Millions of customers rely on Dashboard to run their business.
As a Front End Engineer on the team, you’ll be at the forefront of Square’s opportunity to grow on the web. Work includes:
- Improve navigation, search, and other user-facing web experiences that combine intuitive interfaces with smooth performance at scale. This work impacts thousands of our merchants directly.
- Creating innovative Ember-based platform improvements for hundreds of Square software engineers through our internal tooling and build pipeline.
- Contribute to larger, cross-team front end projects throughout Square to provide a cohesive, first class experience.
- 2+ years of industry experience, prefferably with a B.S. or equivilanet.
- Innate curiosity and desire to build products our merchants depend on.
Web technologies we use:
- Ember JS
- Ruby on Rails
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.