Product Manager, Credit Risk
- San Francisco, CA
As a Product Manager on the Merchant Risk Experience team, you are an advocate for your customer. You will become a domain expert in Credit Risk and build empathy and understanding for your customer and their business. You will set the vision, roadmap, and goals for your product and ensure your team hits them. You understand your customer’s needs and create their Jobs To Be Done, which flows into the mission statement of your product and subsequently the requirements of how your product and sprint team can bring system, process, and product improvements to fulfill them. You will establish the multi-year product strategy for Square’s Credit Risk team and guide product plans from creation through detailed execution. You build consensus by working with your sprint team, which includes engineers, program managers, data scientists, analysts, designers, copywriters, marketers, operations/policy managers, and by influencing leaders across Square whose products lines and customers are facing financial risks. You ensure that the services, products, and features your team builds achieve maximum impact to Square and to your customer.
- Develop a vision and multi-year strategy for the Credit Risk product at Square in partnership with Engineering, Design, Analytics, Policy, and Operations functions and partner teams across the company.
- Bring remarkable products and features that ensure optimal experiences for merchants while protecting Square against financial loss because of Credit Risk.
- Guide the Credit Risk product road-map and lead your sprint team in working on timelines within target range.
- Represent your team, your team’s goals, and your team’s strategy to meet those goals with cross-functional stakeholders, Risk leadership, and senior company leaders.
- Think as a platform: support other sprint teams across Square in their efforts to achieve their goals by understanding their goals and using them to inform your strategy.
- 8+ years of product management experience.
- Experience building consensus with diverse partners.
- Vision: You’ve formed, gained and supported essential strategies shaping the multi-year direction of your team.
- Results: You’re excellent tactically, with experience shipping elegant products at scale.
- You have a great ability to absorb and apply data to your decision-making.
- You’re able to navigate obstacles, and jump in wherever needed.
- Customer empathy: Experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs.
- Developed industry-leading products that have solved complex problems for their customers.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources