Finance and Strategy Manager - Hardware
- San Francisco, CA, USA
We started with a simple idea - that everyone should be able to accept credit cards - and we’ve been rethinking buying and selling ever since. For sellers, we’re creating one cohesive service to run your entire business, from a register in your pocket to analytics on your laptop. For buyers, we’re making it faster to order from the businesses you love and more fun to pay your friends back. Buying and selling sound like simple things - and they should be. Somewhere along the way, they got complicated. We’re working hard to make commerce easy for everyone.
Finance & Strategy improves financial, and operational decision-making across Square. Our team’s core value is trust – we build it by making what is complex simple, and we do it with analysis that is accurate and easy-to-understand. Partners appreciate our insight and trust us to help solve difficult problems. We believe good ideas can come from anywhere, and we’ll rely on you to work with others, form intelligent opinions, and present your thoughts to decision-makers and company executives.
The Hardware organization within Square’s Seller business develops and distributes the physical devices that helps sellers start, run, and grow their businesses and participate in the economy. It is an essential component of our suite of offerings that aim to provide a full service, managed payments offering and extends to include point-of-sale software and services that help sellers make informed decisions on their orders, inventory, locations, employees, and customers.
- Work with partners from different parts of Square on modeling of product pricing and unit economics of hardware product portfolio
- Analyze results and communicate important takeaways to senior team members, including preparation of board materials for US and international geographies
- Build insights and forecasts of payments processed on our hardware products
- Help partners develop understanding of the Hardware business through preparing discussion materials for Quarterly Business Reviews
- Work with team on annual planning process, and own consolidation into Hyperion of opex forecasts and communication of changes to the Corporate F&S team during quarterly outlook cycles
- You have: A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant field
- 4-6 years of experience, including 2+ years in an operating role in strategic finance, corporate finance, FP&A and 2+ years in investment banking or financial services.
- Excel modeling experience (you will complete an case study as part of the recruiting process)
- Successful career progression
- Experience working with team members of all levels
- Experience with payments industry a plus
- Experience with SQL and data visualization tools (Looker)
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.