Software Engineer, Appointments Team
- Denver, CO
Square Appointments helps service professionals manage their calendar on the go. With Square’s online scheduling software, customers can always get access to their availability and confirm their appointments seamlessly online. Our software is the point of sale for the merchants and a tool for them to manage their time. As a senior engineer on Appointments, you will build products and services that are inspiring, meaningful and will fundamentally change the economy we know today. You will help build technical architecture and design for our product, working with our product, design and engineering team.
This is a brand new opportunity, we’re trying to build something new, and starting a team to solve it. We’re building a cohesive set of scheduling APIs and product features to help developers and merchants build products. Our product spans across mobile, web, payments and scheduling and you’ll need to work closely across all these domains. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about product, APIs, developer enablement and solving all the challenging engineering problems we’ll face building scalable Appointments APIs.
You'll join a small Square team in Denver, CO. Initially you will work remotely, and you’ll partner with supportive colleagues in San Francisco. There will be opportunities to travel to San Francisco to meet the wider team.
What will you do here?
- Build our Appointments platform used by developers and our teams.
- Design fault-tolerant systems so the team can be brave and move fast, without ever negatively affecting our customers.
- Design data models to support our APIs and product features.
- Build APIs used by apps and microservices.
- Participate in critical technical, design, and product discussions with leaders across the company.
- Build the success of your team's projects throughout their life cycle, from creation to supporting production.
- Take input from and work with our developer community on Square SDK projects and contribute to other projects as appropriate.
- Coach and mentor the team, fostering engineering decision-making, and applying your technical expertise to grow the team.
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience providing technical mentorship and guidance.
- A passion for creating readable, well-crafted, maintainable code.
- Eagerness to share your ideas, and openness to those of others.
- An Interest in working with distributed systems and Public APIs.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources