Machine Learning Engineer, Conversations
- Redwood City, CA
The Conversations team at Square is building Square Assistant -- a virtual assistant to help merchants serve their customers. Today, Square Assistant responds to customers asking for help with their appointments, including cancellations, confirmations, and conversational rescheduling of appointments; as well as, of course, answering common questions. Looking into 2021 we're excited to expand Square Assistant with new skills to save merchants as much time as we can, and we're excited to bring Square Assistant to the phone: adding voice capabilities to the bot. The team itself was created in mid-2019 with the acquisition of Eloquent Labs.
We're looking for NLP engineers and research scientists, particularly those with an interest in dialog systems, speech, and/or textual entailment
- Help design and develop novel dialog systems within Square
- Build AI systems to handle millions of conversations
- Work with Backend, iOS, and web engineers to ship features.
- Work cross collaboratively with product managers and designers to improve and define product scope and design.
- Ship cutting-edge AI to businesses that traditionally haven’t had access to it
- Experience with machine learning, with a specialization in natural language processing
- Experience with Python and PyTorch is recommended
- Experience in Java is a plus
- Interest to help shape the mission and roadmap of a team, and rallying others to join you
- Eagerness to share your ideas, and openness to those of others
Languages and technologies we use (and teach)...
Python and Java for development
PyTorch for training ML models
SQL for storing and processing analytics data from the bot
AWS for training and serving ML models
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources