Software Engineering Program Manager
- San Francisco, CA
- Alternate Location: Toronto, Canada
The ideal Software EPM candidate will have experience executing complex programs. They will understand the who, what, and how of system development. You will orchestrate and execute a firmware/software development schedule that aligns with both hardware delivery and field releases.
- Create a software development schedule for a complex consumer electronics payment product in partnership with engineering managers and technical leads.
- Work with partners in product management and engineering to establish strategy and requirements.
- Work with Software Engineering Program Managers and Product Managers to coordinate essential work and convergence dates.
- Work with distributed teams to deliver supporting software and services in sync with launch timelines and communicate regularly with teams on status, risks and change control.
- Identify the key technical risk areas and develop mitigation strategies.
- Communicate key developments, updates, and problems to teams in other disciplines.
- Grasp complex technical topics and abstract important risks into an applicable plan.
- Shape processes for efficiency and scale in the software engineering organization.
- 5+ years of relevant engineering & technical program management experience.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience managing projects across teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- Technical knowledge of software architecture ideally focused on firmware and embedded systems for consumer products.
- Experience with the common challenges in embedded systems, including the development of custom hardware.
- The ability to understand and deal well with rapid development cycles and to remain flexible in the face of uncertainty.
- Experience managing trade-offs given specific constraints.
- Extended experience in agile methodologies.
- An understanding of software development life cycle and best practices.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources