Software Engineer (Backend/Rails) - Square Shop
- San Francisco, CA
We're looking for passionate web developers for our Square Shop team. It's a thriving group, building high-profile websites and back-end systems. Your role would play an essential part in how Square connects to and educates our merchants, and their customers.
- Work on our eCommerce ordering platform, in partnership with our fulfillment, logistics, sales, and marketing teams, to get Square hardware into the hands of our merchants.
- Write concise code, and sensible tests.
- Scaffold integrations with third-party APIs.
- Architect large-scale systems that keep things running smoothly.
- Get mentoring and help, constructive pull-request reviews, and training.
- Get a balanced, supportive, fun work environment and career path.
- 3+ years of solid, practical, and ideally high-profile experience.
- An interest in website development and online systems.
- You are very comfortable in at least one object-oriented language, and associated web framework. Don't worry about which one—we'll train you in Ruby (and Rails).
- Tenacity but are also flexible
Technologies we use (and teach):
- Ruby, JRuby, Rails
- MySQL, Redis
- Go, Java, Jetty, protobufs
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources