Risk Operations Banking Partner, Cash App
- St. Louis, MO
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
As part of the Cash Risk Banking team, you will work with our banking partners and customers to assist them through challenging risk experiences, a critical moment for Cash App and our customers.
You will educate customers and our internal stakeholders on suspension reasons, risk issues and actions centered around Cash App transactions with a primary focus on high-risk transactions.
You will be empowered to assist our banking partners with their escalations, by leveraging strong investigation and organizational skills.
Success is measured through performance (output) and efficiency goals (adherence to SLAs or project deadlines) as well as quality. Each workflow is measured separately by daily/weekly volume of cases completed, as well as accuracy of decisions, with the added component on Banking Partner escalations of relationship building/maintenance.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Manage incoming customer communication via our Customer Relationship Management systems
- Respond promptly and exercise exceptional communication skills with our banking partners in an effort to optimize each contact
- Efficiently manage multiple issues at a time and maintain case closure Service Level Agreements within specified time frames to minimize revenue losses
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail to ensure each case is clearly and accurately documented for future reference
- Conduct time-sensitive and comprehensive investigations with a heavy influence on Account Based Review
- Investigate and resolve fraud and financial issues that require a high level of attention to detail
- Foster a culture of accountability, collaboration, speed, innovation, excellence and a fun work environment while continuously elevating the quality and caliber of our controls
- Collaborate and escalate complex cases and new trends within the team for guidance/assistance
- Provide mentorship to other investigators and less tenured agents within the team
- Interact with other Cash App teams to develop fraud prevention strategies and processes
- Assist leadership team in construction of short term and long-term plans with associated benefits of strategies that are developed to reduce financial exposure associated with identified high-risk activity
- Be a voice of the customer by identifying trends, issues, and suggesting improvements to processes, policies, and products
- Provide ongoing analysis of fraud detection systems to determine emerging trends and provide recommendations to assist in loss mitigation
- Excellent analytical skills with proficient spreadsheet and word processing experience; SQL experience a plus
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, time-management, and self-starter skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate and provide customer service required
- Ability to conceptualize, develop, and implement process improvements
- Flexibility to adapt and able to manage multiple assignments while working independently
- 3+ years customer service experience or risk related role required, such as prior transaction surveillance and investigations experience in Financial Crimes, Anti-Money Laundering, and/or anti-fraud experience; consumer banking experience is preferred
- CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner) and Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) highly valued
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.