Tech Lead Manager, Square Capital Servicing
- San Francisco, CA
As an Engineering Lead for the Servicing Platform Team on Square Capital, you will define the broad direction and future of our Servicing Platform which handles the services and infrastructure that power our credit products. You will operate on the critical path of all our products on Capital and beyond, and have a direct impact on the success of our credit products.
- Directly lead and empower an outstanding team of engineers by coaching and developing your team, promoting pragmatic engineering decision-making, and leveraging your technical expertise to constantly improve the team and the organization
- Help set broad direction and vision, influence engineering and business strategy, and establish practices to efficiently and effectively address customer needs
- Lead and participate in essential technical, design, and product discussions with leaders across our multiple product, data science, and analyst teams
- Oversee the success of your team's projects and deliver quantifiable results in a timely manner
- Learn and understand multiple complex financial instruments to be able to model commonalities between them.
- Improve the reliability and accuracy of our financial products by building redundant and fault tolerant systems.
- Build systems that collect and maintain customers confidential data, while holding Square to the highest standards for security and compliance.
- Participate in ongoing training to maintain current knowledge of BSA/AML and perform BSA/AML duties as required by job function
- 6+ years professional experience in building customer facing large software projects
- 2+ year(s) leading and/or managing engineering teams
- Excellent software engineering knowledge and the ability to provide technical mentorship and guidance
- Experience collaborating with product managers, data analysts, and other engineering and cross-functional leaders
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources