Senior Brand Marketing Manager
- New York, NY
- Alternate Location: Atlanta, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
Square is looking for a deliberate and creative Senior Brand Manager to join the Brand Team. You will manage the development of integrated brand marketing initiatives designed to further build the Square brand and drive the Square business. You will oversee planning, marketing and media strategy for brand and product awareness campaigns and programs. You will partner with brand insights, strategy, creative and product teams to develop and deliver go-to-market plans. You will analyze and optimize campaign performance on an ongoing basis. You will have experience working on a global developing or new brand with multiple products. You will have an equal balance between marketing, media strategy and creative execution while feeling comfortable diving deep into research and insights. You have worked on a variety of integrated marketing campaigns and programs to increase brand and product awareness and promote customer engagement. You should feel comfortable working with other teams and external partners.
- Work with our Insights and strategy team to better understand the value of Square’s brand and affect of marketing for brand awareness, how we measure it, and how we improve our future brand campaigns and programs to better meet our goals.
- Develop an understanding of our seller personas, mindsets, attitudes, values and behaviors.
- Work with product marketing, creative and other channel marketing managers to build brand programs and acquire new customers.
- Manage campaigns that use a variety of earned and paid channels including TV, digital, social, web, and media sponsorship.
- Oversee campaign brief development through to briefing and execution across all our teams.
- Plan and buy media against campaign strategy. Manage agency partners to support media plans. Optimizing budgets and channels to achieve the highest reach and frequency across the campaign.
- Work as a partner with the creative team to lead development and execution of creative against brief. Ensuring media strategy and creative strategies are aligned.
- Analyze, monitor and report on competitive landscape to determine where our brand and products fit over time, where to target sellers and how to have the greatest impact for brand (including analyzing competitive positioning, products, brands and campaigns)
- Work with Marketing Analytics to set campaign goals and KPIs and help measure and monitor campaign performance.
- Identify marketing trends across cultural moments and industries with a focus on small business, technology, eCommerce, food & beverage, and sports & events
- Manage campaign budgets to maximize effectiveness and pacing reports.
- Analyze and report on the brand competitive landscape.
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - can clearly communicate an idea, thought or program to people at all levels of understanding and seniority
- Highly collaborative, a cross-functional leader and influencer with advanced interpersonal skills who thrives working in teams
- Experience in planning and buying ATL and BTL media and managing agency relationships.
- Comfort in interpreting and applying insights from marketing and brand research and analytics Have top-notch writing skills and storytelling skills, to create the Square story for sellers
- Worked with some levels of ambiguity, in a business-critical role that will be defined and redefined along the journey
- A willingness to listen, take feedback and operate in a creative team
- Be curious and brave and want to test new ideas and channels.
- A balance of art and science — ability to think creatively, and back it up with measurement and insights
- Identify problems, test new ideas and develop fast solutions
- You naturally take a global-first mindset
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources