Senior Product Designer, eCommerce - Square Online Store
- Toronto, Canada
**For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio.**
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the Square Ecommerce team. You will build designs for Square Online Store and all aspects of our ecommerce services. You’ll focus on driving sign-ups, reducing setup friction, and promoting the discovery of new ecommerce features that help grow our merchant’s business. This work will span core features and iterative improvements, and requires you to take projects from napkins sketches to final visual specifications. This is a cross-functional role in which you will work with other designers, product managers, engineers, analysts, and researchers.
Daily responsibilities include: determining strategy and executing on it, balancing short and long-term goals and priorities, developing alignment with cross-functional partners, partnering with designers across the Ecommerce org, and presenting work in design critiques and leadership reviews.
- Communicate your ideas and work using mock-ups, documentation, and prototypes
- Plan, scope, and contribute to roadmaps/strategy with cross-functional team
- Think about how your work fits into the broader product ecosystem during all phases of the design process
- Mentor other designers, provide feedback, and find ways to improve their work
- Establish partnerships with engineering, product management and product marketing management to design remarkable product experiences
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience with at least +5 years in product design
- Experience as a primary contributor to multiple high impact projects
- Ability to communicate design work with solid rationale that incorporates research and data
- Comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback
Learn more about Design at Square.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources