Senior Business Intelligence Engineer, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Position open to remote: No
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 24 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year.
With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
We are looking for Business Intelligence engineers to join Square and help build Cash App, the fastest growing financial app in the world. Our mission is to make banking and financial services accessible to the underserved and unbanked. We move quickly, make incremental changes, and deploy to production every day.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer at Cash App, you will work alongside analysts, data scientists, engineers, product managers, and business leads to lay the foundation for the analysis of our large, unique dataset. We are an extremely data-driven team -- in everything from understanding our customers, managing and operating our business, and informing product development. You will build, curate, document, and manage key datasets using ETL to increase the leverage of the entire team.
- Be an expert on the ins and outs of our products, customers, and data.
- Work directly with data scientists, analysts, and product/business owners to create new data models for the most widely used Cash App events, entities, and processes using ETL.
- Standardize and enshrine business and product metric definitions in highly curated and optimized datasets using ETL in our data warehouse.
- Teach and encourage others to self-serve while building tools that make it simpler and faster for them to do so.
- Evangelize data, analytics, and data model design best practices.
- Develop and manage our current set of BI tools and analytics/ETL infrastructure.
- 4-5 years of relevant industry experience.
- A degree in software engineering, computer science or a similar technical field.
- Experience building complex, scalable ETLs for a variety of different business and product use cases.
- Technical initiative and a desire to perform and grow as an individual.
Technologies we use and teach:
- SQL (MySQL, Snowflake, BigQuery, etc.)
- Airflow, Tableau
- Python, Java
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.