Head of Finance & Strategy, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 15 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year.
With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
Finance & Strategy is responsible for improving strategic, financial, and operational decision-making across the company. Our team’s core value is trust – we build it by making what is complex simple, and we do so with analysis that is accurate and easy-to-understand. Business partners appreciate our insight and trust us to help solve difficult problems. We believe good ideas can come from anywhere, and we’ll rely on you to work with others, form intelligent opinions, and present your thoughts to decision-makers and company executives.
We are looking for an experienced finance professional to lead the rapidly growing Cash App Finance & Strategy organization - effectively Cash App CFO. Cash App has seen tremendous user growth, and along with this growth comes incredible opportunities, and significant challenges for our business. The Cash App F&S organization serves as a key partner to the Cash App team, you will lead an organization responsible for tackling the following responsibilities:
Strategic Decision Support:
We provide strategic framing, analysis and recommendations on such key topics as new products, pricing, investment areas, geographic rollout. Responsibilities include analytics initiatives such as financial modeling, customer LTV analysis, product/competitive landscape benchmarking, pricing analysis, referral-marketing design/analysis, and other data-driven analysis in support of key business / product decisions.
Financial Planning & Reporting:
We have an intimate understanding of the business and product roadmap, and set the investment framework to drive future growth. We gain this by working closely with business partners to analyze and report on the financial impact of decisions across the company. We run the company’s annual plan, forecasting and financial guidance processes. We use data to predict short-term and long-term trends for making strategic decisions. We have intimate knowledge of the data available and actively mine it from our SQL databases. We build models in Excel to understand complex relationships between variables and gain insight. We support our business partners to manage their budgets and ensure they have resource allocations to invest properly behind key initiatives.
- Report to Square’s CFO
- Regularly prepare materials and present to Square’s CEO, leadership team and board of directors
- Act as a key partner to the lead of the Cash App business, and advocate for the Cash App team within the Finance org
- Lead a world-class finance organization; set the direction, scope, and objectives of Cash F&S, including ~10 reports, and scale the organization alongside the rapidly growing Cash App business
- Support product strategy, pricing, and partnership decisions using analytical frameworks and a data-first approach
- Apply an analytical approach to influence strategic decision-making, with a focus on capital allocation decisions and long-term financial planning
- Provide financial analysis and commentary to key stakeholders including Square’s board, management team and Investor Relations team
- Scale financial processes, including forecasting, budget planning, and performance reporting
- Develop metrics to track team-specific and company-wide trends, identify opportunities, communicate recommendations, and collaborate across all levels of the organization
- Architect financial commentaries and documents to support key financial deliverables
- Partner with leads across Square in the management of key foundational team budgets
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant field
- 15+ years of relevant finance experience, including experience in finance & strategy in a corporate environment
- Experience leading, developing, and growing a team
- Exceptional judgement including an ability to execute independently and work with team members of all levels
- Demonstrated experience leading complex, cross-functional workstreams
- Excellent proficiency in accounting and corporate finance concepts
- Familiarity with financial planning processes and business systems
- Background of success and career progression
- Experience with a consumer-oriented mobile-first business a plus
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources