Loan Operations Manager
- San Francisco, CA
- Alternate Location: Salt Lake City, United States
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Our Operations team is looking for a Loan Operations Manager to support our broader team and our exciting new feature. You will report to an Operations Lead and play an important leadership role in establishing processes and ongoing management of this growing part of our business.
- Manage all licensed lending activities performed by the subsidiary and each employee.
- Build the servicing operations team.
- Operate the daily business operations of the lending servicing function.
- Establish essential metrics and use data to improve performance of the team to ensure visibility and overall management of lending servicing function
- Drive team performance against established service levels and guide resolution of queued customer inquiries to minimize potential revenue losses
- Ensure the effectiveness of existing processes, and implement new policies to allow greater efficiency in the performance of the groups functions.
- Engage and use your team to influence and recommend changes to evolving servicing processes
- Establish and ensure usage of internal escalation paths for case reviews that require additional due diligence including escalations that require collaboration with Compliance and Product Counsel
- Manage a team of recovery specialists to work on loan repayment solutions
- Review annual and maintenance reporting, and examinations including addressing any findings within deadlines and specifications set by state regulators.
- Work with regulatory counsel to assist state examiners/regulators with office visits and examination requests
- Measure performance against industry standards and improve processes and personnel
- Five + years of experience in loan collections with a Financial Institution or Fintech
- Experience in consumer lending, loan onboarding, servicing, recovery, and consumer finance and/or mortgage lending
- Knowledge of compliance and risk management for commercial and consumer lending environments
- Strong communication skills, self-motivation and data/outcome oriented approach
- Demonstrated customer service, organizational and analytical skills
- Good moral character
- Experience in regulated industries
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.