Lending Operations Lead
- San Francisco, CA
- Alternate Location: Salt Lake City, United States
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
You will support the rollout of a creative new consumer lending program. You are someone with deep experience in Lending, including servicing, collections and overall operations. This executive will be someone that can balance operating and leading a team within a fast-growing lending business and will report to the Head of Operations.
- Launch and define our strategy around Lending Operations
- Manage all relationships with external partners including bank partners, credit reporting agencies and other lending specific partners
- Manage overall customer engagement regarding their loans
- Build and oversee the collections arm and account management
- Build and hire an outstanding lending operations team, including the definition of and performance against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Oversee servicing of loans. Review documentation and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with internal lending policies and all applicable laws in the servicing of loans
- Partner with other teams, including legal, compliance, product, engineering, finance and strategy, and the broader operations and Cash App executive teams
- 15+ years of experience in lending, loan origination and operations; within a fintech or startup environment
- Deep knowledge of consumer lending
- Experience building and scaling lending operations functions from scratch
- Experience overseeing consumer lending operations activities, including servicing and debt collection Deeply experienced in partner management for all partners in the lending value chain including bank partners, credit reporting agencies and other lending third parties.
- Deep experience in negotiating commercial terms, driving performance according to contractual commitments, managing and driving delivery on priorities and handling escalations from numerous partners and other teams.
- Strong relationship building skills with leaders / technical teams and the ability to develop agreement and drive team members to a decision
- Meet all relevant state licensing and examination requirements
- Experience managing a loan portfolio that is compliant, maintaining compliance with state and federal consumer protection requirements
- Experience hiring and motivating a high performing team
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.