Technical Program Manager, Platform and Infrastructure Engineering
- San Francisco, CA
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
The Platform Infrastructure and Engineering team is the trusted partner for every Square employee, ensuring success by providing the necessary reliable connectivity, tools, technology and platforms. We accelerate product and business progress by enhancing productivity and reducing friction. You will oversee essential platform programs across a broad set of teams and further the mission of the Platform Organization. Projects will span across a wide array of crucial programs such as Mobile Code Base Scaling, rolling out platform programs such as cloud transformation, Compliance for products, to name a few. The team is looking for a person with technical knowledge, who can understand architecture and guide complex programs managing through multiple partners.
- Partner closely with engineering leads and cross-functional disciplines to guide technical projects such as rolling out mobile platforms across Square.
- Oversee OKRs and guide projects to further the platform team’s mission.
- Provide day-to-day execution guidance and support for engineering projects, coordinating efforts across organizations and departments, and helping unblock all teams across Square.
- Communicate project status to partners and several important teams around the organization.
- Help Promote the Mobile Platform Programs at Square.
- BA or BS Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent technical field experience
- Program Management or equivalent management experience in a mid to large sized company running complex programs for at least 4 years.
- Experience communicating and translating non-technical to technical (and vice versa) requirements and discussions.
- Experience understanding technical architecture and design.
- Experience in program management with platform infrastructure and engineering organizations/teams is a huge plus.
- Programming Experience writing shipping code or work experience managing engineering teams is a huge plus
- Experience managing programs with remote/distributed teams a huge plus
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources