- San Francisco, CA
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
The Business Banking team is looking for a User Experience and Design Researcher to help guide and inspire our teams by uncovering meaningful human-centered insights to promote great design and new ideas for our products. We know we can’t improve our products without first understanding how our customers use them in the real-world, and that's where you come in. In particular, as Square expands its financial services offering for small businesses, we enter uncharted territory for Square and acknowledge the importance of investing in research to deepen our understanding of how our customers interact in this space. Your work is necessary to uncovering the needs of our marketplace (Buyers & Sellers) and creating solutions that meet those needs. In short, we want to double down on innovation, and we need the power of research and insights to do it. You will have empathy and interest in people, with thoughtfulness and experience in multiple qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Work with design and product to identify research needs from small to large initiatives and help the team ask the right questions and frame research goals
- Design and execute qualitative and quantitative research projects to support a cross-functional team on several domains, including customer needs, product design, segmentation, and customer communications
- Employ different qualitative and quantitative research methods (e.g., contextual inquiry, participatory design, usability testing, concept testing, diary studies, surveys, benchmarking studies, A/B test design, behavioral data analysis) to obtain insights about our users’ behaviors and attitudes, and to communicate results and applicable recommendations to the product and design teams.
- Help determine success and ways to measure innovation track/vision experience ideas
- Analyze and summarize research findings into actionable insights and communicate to important partners
- 5+ years experience leading research projects in a professional environment
- Relevant experience conducting a variety of research helping all aspects of business and product development —from exploratory research to market research surveys to usability studies
- Experience managing research engagements in an industry or client-facing roles in the areas of segmentation, attitudes and ad hoc custom research
- Familiarity with different qualitative research methods including usability, 1:1 interviews, concept testing, ethnographic-style fieldwork, group discussions, card sorting, workshops, remote studies, etc.
- Experience visualizing complex workflows and communicating those to other teams.
- Experience packaging insights into design tools and assets for the product managers and designers to use (e.g., personas, design principles, scenarios, frameworks)
- Agile approach to adapting and improving on research practices to meet team needs under the tight timeframes of a growing company.
- Focus on improving the product and user experience we ship in an iterative fashion with our primary team
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources