International Content Specialist English/French Bilingual
- Toronto, Canada
The Square Globalization team helps to bring Square products and services to the world. Our goal is to leverage our success in the US and deliver innovative, simple, unique, and fully localised experiences to our international customers. We are looking for a highly motivated content creator to join our fun and fast-paced team in Toronto to help us shape the Square message with maximum local relevance, amplifying our brand and products in Canada.
- Interpret the global content strategy and contribute with a local perspective, tailoring our approach to the Canadian market.
- Adapt campaign and evergreen messaging and imagery (from our website, blog content, paid marketing and emails) to provide assets that resonate with our customers in markets.
- Develop original content that speaks directly to our customers in Canada and with the right level of cultural relevance.
- Support brand campaigns with an asset pipeline that addresses pre-established channel Indicators.
- Transcreate assets to support product launches and ongoing campaigns, developing a pipeline for multiple paid and organic channels with digital and static assets.
- Establish a voice and tone for the local market in Canada that is consistent with our global brand.
- Participate in linguistic validation as the expert in your market, upholding a high-quality bar across the asset pipeline.
- 5 years of experience in creative writing, asset localisation, and message transcreation
- Experience with local English and French market cultural dimensions and linguistic norms
- Apply local cultural knowledge to create hyper-localized content
- Experience with global brands in a role that engages with outside agencies to manage and produce locally relevant digital and static content for a variety of channels
- Identify requirements and prioritize important deliverables
- Familiarity with transcreation, localization process and technology
- Fluent English and French
Experience with long-form writing online (for a blog, brand or website)
Experience with paid media marketing in print or online
Experience with social media or email marketing campaigns
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources