Business Analyst, Account Management Strategy
- New York, NY
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a smartphone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Terminal, Square Appointments, Square Online Store, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The Account Management team helps merchants get the most out of Square through direct business consultation and product education. We retain and grow Square’s existing seller base and provide insights to Square’s product teams. The Account Management Strategy & Analytics team uses data to guide the Account Management team’s program design and operations, goals, priorities, and investment decisions. We improve the efficiency and revenue impact of the Account Management team.
As a Business Analyst on the Account Management Strategy & Analytics team, you will use your skills to identify areas of opportunity, design scalable solutions, and implement new operational processes. You will build data visualizations to understand drivers of performance compared to revenue goals and to distill insights to our partners. You have a passion for diving into data, summarizing trends, and making an impact.
- Use data to drive analysis and actionable recommendations to shape program design, operations, and strategy
- Work with Account Management leadership to set performance targets and provide insight to drivers of pacing against goals
- Perform financial analysis to inform incremental investment decisions across potential and existing Account Management programs
- Manage program-level metric development, reporting and dashboards
- Drive projects across Finance, Operations, Data Science, Customer Success, and more
- 2+ years of analytical experience
- Experience applying quantitative analysis and logical reasoning
- Proficiency with data, analytics, and visualization technologies (we use SQL and Looker)
- Experience driving a complex project from start to finish
- Creativity in developing new processes, analyses, and recommendations
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources