Senior Credit Analyst, Strategic Sales
- San Francisco, CA
The Senior Credit Analyst will have a dual role of underwriting and managing chargeback risk in our highest-profile sellers, and managing strategic projects to improve the onboarding, underwriting, and management of sales-onboarded merchant processing accounts. For new enterprise sellers onboarding to Square, you will conduct due diligence and management calls, analyzing financial statements, and preparing credit memorandums to assess a seller’s processing risk. You will partner with the Sales team to recommend and negotiate essential processing terms, and present Risk recommendations to senior management for approval. In addition to managing risk in our most strategic accounts, you will build partnerships with the Sales and Account Management teams to identify new workflows, tools, and process improvements intended to help manage risk while providing the best possible seller experience. Examples include testing new workflow management tools, standardizing onboarding documentation for different seller segments, and creating training materials to help our partners in Sales and Account Management. Lastly, as an expert within Credit Risk, you will use your credit fundamentals to help us create better solutions to assess risk and support our sellers.
- Conduct in-depth financial statement analysis and reviews for our most large enterprises, including preparing credit memorandums for approval by senior management
- Lead due diligence calls with prospective and existing sellers to ensure that essential risks are understood and reduced. Manage difficult conversations with seller management teams.
- Present Credit Risk recommendations to partners, including senior management.
- Develop partnerships with Sales and Account Management teams to ensure onboarding, underwriting, and account management processes are seamless, and well-understood.
- Identify and implement high-level plans aimed at improving our onboarding and risk management processes at scale
- Contribute to the continued development of credit policies and lead the testing of new risk management tools Support team-level planning, focusing on prioritization of highest-impact Risk-Sales projects
- 5+ years of experience in commercial banking, credit, or payment industries
- First-rate underwriting and financial statement analysis skills
- Comfort with diverse risk management tools and techniques
- Excellent professional soft skills - communicate credit principles, build partnerships, and inspire others
- Ability to solve problems logically when provided imperfect information
- Comfortable with adapting to challenges and autonomy to ensure highest-priority work is completed
- Ability to prioritize based on qualitative/quantitative impact, and bring strategic plans from scoping to implementation.
- BA/BS in a related field
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources