Software Engineer, Reconciliation
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
The Reconciliation Team oversees all money movement at Square, ensuring that our merchants and external financial institutions correctly settle with Square on every single transaction. We empower Accounting, Finance, Analytics, Payments, and product teams by delivering accurate data that not only are crucial to Square’s financials but also have proven to serve as early warning indicators for many product systems at Square.
As a software engineer on the Reconciliation team, you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining vital services that power the Reconciliation infrastructure which processes every transaction at Square and ensures accurate settlement and payout. You will leverage the most recent advancements in cloud computing technology to design and implement next generation reconciliation systems that will power Square’s growth for years to come.
- Build innovative reconciliation systems to ensure Square’s financial credibility
- Leveraging proper cloud computing technology, design and implement highly scalable systems that reconciles every payment from all Square internal products and external partners
- Build systems that hold Square to the highest standards for financials and compliance
- Work cross-functionally with our card processing, settlement, analytics, finance, accounting, and product teams to develop Square’s reconciliation infrastructure and ensure money movement accuracy
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Square’s systems and products.
- Design and implement systems to provide reconciliation insight to product systems for early-detecting issues and protecting our merchants as well as Square’s financial interests
- Master degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- Passion in pursuing data quality, integrity, and consistency. Desire to be responsible for reconciling all money movements at Square
- Experience in cloud computing technology, platform, data pipeline
- Experience in developing backend infrastructure and/or open source projects
- Ability to clearly communicate designs to technical and business audiences
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.