Inclusion and Diversity Lead, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
- Position open to remote: Yes
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 24 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
As Inclusion and Diversity Lead, you’ll join the Cash leadership team and focus on designing I&D resources and implementing solutions that build an environment where people can join, grow professionally regardless of their background. You’ll create programs that increase the number of and improve hiring practices for underrepresented (UR) candidates in our talent pool, support the professional growth of underrepresented Cash App employees, increase external awareness of Cash App brand with local community organizations, and enable all Cash App employees to productively participate in I&D initiatives.
Meaningful progress in building and retaining an inclusive and diverse workforce requires rolling up your sleeves and doing real work. This is not a figurehead role.
- I&D Strategy
- Partner with Cash Leadership, including HR, Experience, and Talent leads to determine collaborative/shared roadmaps to manage and track progress and performance
- Partner with various Cash teams including Marketing, Design, Learning & Programs and Talent to amplify Cash’s external and internal brand
- Program Development
- Assist Cash Talent team in designing hiring initiatives focused on increasing the representation of underrepresented groups within the Cash team population.
- Partner with Cash Learning & Programs team to increase the representation of Cash (brand and employee population) among our Employee Resource Groups
- Data Review and Reporting
- Provide Cash I&D reports for each Executive and their direct reports, providing team-level consulting in partnership with Cash HRBP team
- Partner with People Analytics to conduct our annual Pulse survey and analyze the findings to share out company-wide
- Demonstrate and report on ROI (through the lens of both qualitative and quantitative value) for all Cash I&D programming
- Consulting and Cross-Functional Partnership
- Partner with Cash Leads and dedicated Cash foundational teams (Talent/HR) to represent Cash at external events and, potentially, speaking engagements
- In partnership with Cash Leads present at Cash App All Hands on programmatic updates and demographic data. Assist in developing company wide presentations to include relevant Cash updates.
- Minimum 15 years of experience of human resources, organizational development, and inclusion and diversity related program implementation
- Passion for inclusion, equity and diversity, and bringing thoughtful, innovative solutions to this work
- Demonstrated excellence in strategic planning and project management
- Knowledge of inclusion and diversity best practice
- Experience designing and implementing inclusion and diversity initiatives
- Related BS/BA degree; MBA or advanced degree is a plus
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.