Security Program Manager, Square Financial Services
- San Francisco, CA
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
About Square Financial Services
From day one, we've aimed to create economic empowerment for all businesses. We're now taking the next step by creating banking specifically for small businesses. Our bank is expected to launch in 2021, offering small business loans and deposit products. You’ll be on the forefront of creating a bank that allows for all businesses to thrive. We can’t wait to see your ideas come to life.
The Security organization is responsible for reducing security risk for all aspects of doing business at Square. This includes: partnering with engineering teams to help them understand the security risks of their design and implementation choices; creating platform technologies that deliver critical security functions; and securing the systems and networks that make up our operations and corporate environment. We are looking for a Program Manager to join our Security team, which is directly responsible for our most important projects and engagements.
You will report to the head of Security PMO and have the opportunity to develop and implement programs to enable the evaluation and mitigation of risk across the company from within the Security PMO. Your first program will be to manage the Security project for launching Square Financial Services in 2021.
- Manage the Square Security work stream for launching the bank. This involves assessing launch risks, documenting plans and gaps, working through solutions across foundational and product teams, and communicating status and engagement with senior leadership.
- Develop pre-readiness assessments, important process documentation, discussion and documentation of issues and ongoing monitoring of issue closure and report writing.
- Create systems that inventory all requested and planned work, assign criteria to evaluate and build the roadmap, and then manage programs to successful launch.
- Manage diverse relationships with Product, Engineering, Operations, Partner and Foundational teams, and provide recommendations that help teams understand and achieve their program executables.
- Partner across the Security Organization teams to measure and prioritize security risks to our buyers, sellers, and the company to ensure we are applying our resources to the most pressing concerns.
- Participate in quarterly and annual planning for the Security PMO
- 5 or more years of product/project management experience
- Experience working in banking security and/or financial services security teams
- Broad knowledge of program management challenges and mitigations, with experience managing enterprise or large-scale programs.
- Hands-on experience with JIRA
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker)
- Experience with PCI, SOC 2, and ISO27001 compliances
*Note* This role is open to remote
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources